Last Update : 24th Mar, 2019
July 21, 2017
A popular dish at Japanese dinner tables!
Ingredients (serves 4)
300g sliced pork (or beef)
5 thin slices of ginger
50g green beans
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sake (or you can use white wine)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
1. Thinly slice any chunks of meat.
2. Cut the potatoes into 6 equally-sized pieces and soak in water for 10 minutes. Cut the onion into 2cm wide crescents and cut the green beans into 2cm long slices.
3. Heat the olive oil well in a heavy-bottomed pot, then add the meat, ginger and white wine.
4. Add the onions and potatoes. Cook for 5 or 6 minutes, then add the soy sauce followed by the green beans.
5. Continue cooking until all the ingredients are tender, then serve.
• 339 kcal
• 18.2 g protein
• 15.9 g fat
• 26 mg calcium
• 2.4 g dietary fiber
• 1.5 g salt
Related Topics >>
Potatoes - A great source of vitamin C
[UK / EU]
"Gobo" Burdock Root - Hidden Star of the Vegetable World
March 24, 2019
Prawn & Sake Festival #2 - Sake! (Video)
Okara - A Tofu Byproduct, Rediscovered
Soybeans "The Meat of The Field"
Potatoes - A Great Source of Vitamin C
The Anti-Diabetes Diet - (1) Introduction
March 1, 2019
Adzuki - Super Healthy Bean
November 25, 2018
Eggplant - The secret is in the purple skin!
Soba - Rutin Keeps You Young
Dashi Stock and Umami
November 1, 2018