Last Update : 7th Mar, 2020
November 25, 2018
Healthy and well-balanced vegetable Sushi recipe!
Ingredients (serves 4)
300g rice10cm konbu (Kelp)1/2 abraage (Deep Fried Tofu)150g Shiitake mushrooms60g lotus roots5 asparagus5 crab sticks2 eggsLittle oil2 tsp sugarLittle salt1 tbsp white sesame
(For Sushi Vinegar) 4 tbsp vinegar 2 tbsp sugar 2/3 tsp salt
(For stock) 1 cup dashi stock (see here for more) 1 tbsp sugar 1 tbsp soysauce 1 tbsp mirin
1. Cook the rice with the water and Konbu added. (see here for more)
2. Combine the ingredients for Sushi Vinegar. Heat it with microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Add the Sushi Vinegar onto the cooked rice, and mix well with the spatula.
4. Cut the aburaage into 1cm cubes. Slice the shiitake mushrooms into 0.5cm slices. Slice the lotus roots as well and soak with the water to remove the acrid taste.
5. Combine all ingredients for stock, add the above vegetables and simmer over a medium heat for about 10 mins.
6. Wrap the asparagus with the cling film and heat with the microwave for 1.5 mins.
7. Cut the crab sticks into 0.5cm sticks.
8. Add the sugar and salt onto the beaten eggs and mix well. Heat the pan and scramble the egg over strong heat.
9. Add the simmered vegetables, asparagus, crab sticks and egg onto the rice and mix well. Sprinkle the sesame and serve!
Related Topics >>
Aburaage — Deep Fried Tofu
Rice - Gluten-free Carbohydrate
Asparagus - Edible Medicine
[UK / EU]
Harusame (lit. “Spring Rain”) - Asia’s Gluten Free Noodle!
March 7, 2020
Balance is Everything
Maitake - Intensely Nutritious Mushrooms
Mackerel - Improves Blood Circulation
Udon - Versatile Wheat Noodles
"Gobo" Burdock Root - Hidden Star of the Vegetable World
March 24, 2019
Prawn & Sake Festival #2 - Sake! (Video)
Okara - A Tofu Byproduct, Rediscovered
Soybeans "The Meat of The Field"
Potatoes - A Great Source of Vitamin C