Last Update : 7th Mar, 2020
June 11, 2017
Deep-frying in oil makes this dish higher in calories, but it’s worth it for the taste!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 or 5 fillets of mackerel (medium sized)2 green peppersSome potato starch (or flour) (enough to thicken sauce)Oil for deep-fryin
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of sake 1 tsp ginger juice 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Cut the mackerel into 4cm, bite-sized chunks. Cut the green peppers into 8 equal parts.
2. Place the mackerel in a plastic bag along with the seasonings. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Fill the bottom of a frying pan with enough oil to cover the mackerel/peppers, and heat to about 170°C. Quickly fry the green peppers and remove them from the oil. Set to one side.
4. Sprinkle potato starch (or flour) over both sides of the mackerel, and, using the same oil as for the green peppers, fry on both sides until crispy.
5. Arrange the mackerel and peppers on a dish and serve.
• 346 kcal
• 21.4g protein
• 25.1g fat
• 14mg calcium
• 1.7g salt
Related Topics >>
Mackerel - improves blood circulation
[UK / EU]
Harusame (lit. “Spring Rain”) - Asia’s Gluten Free Noodle!
March 7, 2020
Balance is Everything
Maitake - Intensely Nutritious Mushrooms
Mackerel - Improves Blood Circulation
Udon - Versatile Wheat Noodles
"Gobo" Burdock Root - Hidden Star of the Vegetable World
March 24, 2019
Prawn & Sake Festival #2 - Sake! (Video)
Okara - A Tofu Byproduct, Rediscovered
Soybeans "The Meat of The Field"
Potatoes - A Great Source of Vitamin C