Deep-frying in oil makes this dish higher in calories, but it’s worth it for the taste!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 or 5 fillets of mackerel (medium sized) 2 green peppers Some potato starch (or flour) (enough to thicken sauce) Oil for deep-fryin
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of sake 1 tsp ginger juice 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Cut the mackerel into 4cm, bite-sized chunks. Cut the green peppers into 8 equal parts.
2. Place the mackerel in a plastic bag along with the seasonings. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Fill the bottom of a frying pan with enough oil to cover the mackerel/peppers, and heat to about 170°C. Quickly fry the green peppers and remove them from the oil. Set to one side.
4. Sprinkle potato starch (or flour) over both sides of the mackerel, and, using the same oil as for the green peppers, fry on both sides until crispy.
5. Arrange the mackerel and peppers on a dish and serve.
• 346 kcal
• 21.4g protein
• 25.1g fat
• 14mg calcium
• 1.7g salt
Related Topics >>