Kabura Mushi - Steamed Appetizer Dish
A traditional Japanese appetizer with tofu, turnip and mushrooms. No meats, low-cal and low-fat!
1pc turnip 150g Tofu 25g Maitake or other mushrooms 1 egg white 50g peeled prawns A little honewort A little salt
(Hot Sauce) 1 cup of dashi stock 1 tsp sake 2 tsp soysauce 1 tsp mirin 1 tbsp potato starch
1. Peel the turnip and grate. Drain water well with a strainer.
2. Cut the tofu into 3cm cubes
3. Sprinkle the salt into the egg white and beat it well. Add the grated turnip into it.
4. Coat the peeled prawns with the potato starch.
5. Arrange the tofu and the Maitake mushrooms on the bowl, then pour in the (3).
6. Put the prawns on top and steam the bowl for 10 minutes.
7. Make the hot sauce and pour. Dress with the honewort and serve!
• 123 kcal
• 13.3g protein
• 2.5g fat
• 1.8g salt
Related Topics >>